Friday, March 16, 2012

Introduction

I chose to read "We Can't Teach What We Don't Know: White Teachers, Multiracial Schools". I decide to look for this book to read for the diversity blog, because I had spoke to a novice teacher from last semester. She also has read some of these books for ESL class and suggested this one. From what I can tell from the looking over the book, it looks interesting. I skimmed over the introduction of the book. It talks about how diversity is not a choice, these students live in our area and they deserve education equal to all other students no matter their race. I am looking forward to reading about Gary Howard's stories and encounters in the multiracial schools he worked at. I am also curious how much it changed his view of life as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment